Da da DAAA dadadada da, DAAA dadadada da! DAA dadadada da-DEE-da daaaa (dadadada, dadadada) da da da da dum-de-da-dum!!!

I love CBC’s olympic theme song. It’s the first thing I remember about watching them on TV, during the 1994 games in Lillehammer. That and a ski jumper flying over the cauldron and dropping the torch in to light the flame. But I might have dreamt that.

PS. Canada already has our first gold medal.

9 Responses to “Cue the music”

1. Audrey says:

Jennifer Heil, McGill Student Gets GOLD!!! yeah that’s right! we’re not just a bunch of geeks, some of us can ski too!!!

and.. by the way the women’s hockey team is kicking butt! (16-0 against Italy and 12-0 against Russia)

2. GP says:

Haha, you’re trying to make your comments big and impressive, aren’t you?

3. Anonymous says:

I love this theme Music as well. I am trying to find out where I can get a good Copy. Any idea?

4. GP says:

I only have that copy because I recorded it from the TV… so I don’t know.

5. Ryan says:

I might have a slightly better version of the 2004 version of the theme (which I recorded off the tube directly into my computer). Let me get back to you.

I’m curious about this year’s theme — how is it?

6. GP says:

Oh it’s decent enough. But I guess it can never live up to the wonder it provided to a 10 year old boy :)

7. Anonymous says:

Any luck on finding a better copy?

8. [...] The wikipedia article on the 2010 Winter Olympics claims that CTV has the broadcasting rights for the 2010 Olympics. What about my Peter Mansbridge? And my Brian Williams? And the Olympic theme music!? Ashes! All is ashes! [...]

9. [...] China is preparing for the games. I love the Olympics, right down to the theme song (as has been well documented—it actual gives me goosebumps), so it was a good show for [...]