The Nomadic Peoples of the Spiral Cavern
“I resent the implication that I’ve gone mad”
The government of The Spiral Cavern has enacted the following legislation, in chronological order.
- Voluntary voting
- No more bombs! Denied funding for military.
- Allowed Nazi protest to continue in the name of free speech
- Denied strike demands to raise wages 20%
- Rejected death penalty
- Legalized euthanasia
- Screw the automotive industry!
- Increased spending to Health and Social Welfare
- Rejected Big Brother style surveillance
- Legalized gambling
- Protected Harry Potter from religious wackos
- Banned meat eating
- Rejected compulsory organ donations
- Increased social spending in an effort to curb the crime rate.
- Increased welfare spending to help with social inequalities
- Increased taxes on wealthy
- Repealed laws against public nudity
- Refused to restrict marijuana use to private places
- Voluntary voting in elections
- Refused to allow duels as a legitimate way of settling disputes
- Spent more money on improving rails and buses
- Ignored talk of flying saucers
- Dismissed issue on a protest calling to ban cars
- Tried to call attention away from the sexual capades of a government advisor with a tax cut.
- Restricted smoking in public places
- Put limits on time speaking in debates
- Allowed spam on the basis of freedom of speech
- Refused to mine for uranium because of the risk to the forest
- Started a national space program
- Started six months paid maternity leave with the lost revenues made up by the government
- Rejected idea to have school uniforms
- Will allow BDSM couples to show their unique affections in public
- Laws enacted to make the police keep their big noses out of where they’re not wanted
- Said no to nobility, prizing equality instead.